- Have I demonstrated the importance of the problem, the critical barriers to progress in the field, how the project will improve scientific knowledge and/or clinical practice, and how the field will be changed if the aims are achieved?
- Do I show the strengths and weaknesses in the rigor of the prior research that serves as the key support of the proposed project? Have I labeled it as rigor of prior research? Do I describe how the proposed project will address weaknesses/gaps?
- Have I made a clear decision about whether to describe details of our preliminary data in the Significance section, or to just highlight key concepts there and refer to a detailed description of the preliminary data in the Approach section?
- Have I considered using RCDC inclusion reports (as appropriate) to justify a gap in the literature?
- Do I include disease burden stats, specific objectives, competitive advantage, and impact?